Thursday, July 24, 2014

November 27th, 2013

Dear Gentlemen,


It's good to finally be back home, but I plan to still work hard during this break. I encourage all of you to also have safe, enjoyable, but productive breaks as well.

Inspiration: Yesterday I flew into Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport. It was the first time I have flown alone and as an adult so I decided to dress up and look professional. This small action had a very surprising effect as to how people treated me. First of all everyone, flight attendants, TSA officers, and other passengers addressed me as sir. Also when I was waiting to board my flight, I was also asked twice if I was flying business class. I'm saying this not to brag but to remind you guys people ARE watching us. Remember when some of us were asked that Thursday last school year at Panda Express what company we worked for? That was solely because we looked the part. If you pay attention to how you dress people will pay attention to you. 

Encouragement: I want all of you to enjoy your breaks as well but don't waste the time you have now and wish you had used it better later. I had a dream that I was returning to Pitt having done no work since I had flown home. Now that was a dream I had nearly 3 days ago, but it still troubles me and I know the only way I can calm myself is to work very hard this break and prevent that dream from becoming a reality. Remember, there are many people who have worked very hard only to miss out due to not finishing strong. Napoleon, Hitler, Alexander the Great. All these men whether hated or loved came close to their goals, but did not finish strong. Do not settle, go out, get what you're worth, and live knowing you put your best foot forward.

Testimonial: This Thanksgiving Break will not be wasted. I will study hard. I will adequately prepare myself for all my finals, and I will preform well. I will write my Drivers before I go to bed so I no longer forget or release them late.

Furthermore: Ethan's idea of writing out goals, and steps toward those goals so we can help keep each other on track is outstanding. I for one am all for it and plan to send you guys a list of my goals shortly. Again sorry for the late Driver and happy Thanksgiving.

Time to kick Gentlemen,

Chukwuemeka K. Ukaga

No comments:

Post a Comment