Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pre-Summer Reflection

So as I near the end if my freshman year I am in a funk. The estatic eagerness that filled me with dreams and aspirations first term has been greatly shaken by the strong hand of reality. Second term was REAL. I am looking to drop my GPA a considerable amount due to my sub-par performance during the last half if my freshman year.

Don't get me wrong, life is good, door continue to open, and I am running into various opportunities left and right. I have held beneficial leadership positions, and have learned a lot more from school and life in general over these last 4 months...I just wish my GPA wasn't going to be hurt. 

I had to drop studying abroad in China due to the cost of it, and I am not doing research with EXCEL's SRI program. However, there is a silver lining in all of this. My GPA first of all is still pretty solid for a freshman engineer. Along with that I will be taking 18 credits worth of credit this summer, the majority going towards my Architecture Degree. I hope that those that count as electives for my Civil Engineerjng degree can help pull my GPA up as well. Along with this, I may be able to land a couple internships/job opportunities this summer. This along with a potential Fall CO-OP has manged to lift my spirits a bit.

All in all, my focus now shifts to actively preparing for my finals, doing well on them, and preparing to succeed this summer. The grind won't stop!

C.K. Ukaga

No comments:

Post a Comment